[MD] Social Imposition ?

pholden at davtv.com pholden at davtv.com
Fri Dec 22 14:53:09 PST 2006

Quoting Heather Perella <spiritualadirondack at yahoo.com>:

>      [Platt]
> > My point all along has been that one monkey, an
> > individual, started washing
> > her food.
>
>      So, and then shared with others, so, monkey
> involved with a society, ok.

Monkey see, monkey do. Involved with other monkeys.

      [Platt]
> > Others imitated. In any new endeavor,
> > someone has to be first.
>
>      Yeah, wolves taught people to hunt.  Stories from
> around the world are/were told to children.  These
> stories are full of how animals taught humans to do so
> much.  Mu is another teacher, also.  Primary reality
> this preintellect, too.  Humans, who are they but
> nothing, but quiet, but fill in blank.

Wolves taught people to hunt? Now that's news to me. How do you know?
How does anybody know?

>      [Platt]
> > As for societies and cultures, I follow Pirsig's
> defintion.
>
>      What is Pirsig's definition?  Haven't seen it
> yet.

"The social patterns in the next box down include such institutions as family,
church and government. They are the patterns of culture that the anthropologist
and sociologist study." (SODV)