[MD] Food for Thought

david buchanan dmbuchanan at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 24 08:16:22 PST 2006

Laird and y'all:

dmb had said:
...Radical Empiricism does not allow a metaphysician to posit any entity or
cause that can't be known in experience. As you very likely already know,
this would exclude metaphysical entities such as God and Kantian
things-in-themsleves.

Laird asked:
Just to be an interjecting pain-in-the-ass (woo hoo!), if you were to treat
the MoQ the same way as Kant's TITs when looking through radical empiricism,
you'd have to throw out static patterns of value, since they'd also be
"against the rules". I'm not sure that gets us anywhere with comparing
Kant's TITs with the MoQ.

dmb says:
We'd have to throw out static patterns of value? As I understand it, the
various levels static quality are known in experience. They are categories
of experience. Even DQ is known in experience as is revelaed in the monikers
"primary empirical reality" and "pre-intellectual experience". I think your
question is not a pain at all. Please feel free to ask away.