[MD] Case's Answer to Marsha

David M davidint at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Nov 4 14:31:35 PST 2006

Hi DMB

Good point on SOM and its fragmentation of meaning, ditto Jung.

Of course, what you say about Job is too simple minded.
I'd recommend Jung's 'Answer to Job' as a little deeper
thinking on this subject. The point of Job is the need to ask
and the need to keep holding the source of the cosmos to account,
such is its value and meaning for us and also, I'd suggest for god too.
If you ask a moral question, you can only think in terms of a
responsible agent.

Sam Becket: "There is no god. The bastard!"

A sentiment that seems to echo your emotional attach to
the god-idea and touching the same inconsistency.
You're such an unconvinvcing atheist because the
subject so bothers you -as it should not.

David M