[MD] Reading & Comprehension

Andre Broersen andrebroersen at gmail.com
Sat May 1 07:08:30 PDT 2010

Marsha to Andre::

The MoQ is both 1.) a intellectual pattern explained by ZMM
and LILA, and 2. a designation for Reality = Quality.

Andre:
So long as you are aware that it is a 'designation' and not
reality itself as Bodvar  would have it.

Marsha:
I have no reason to rely on your interpretation of Bo.

Andre:
Bodvar has, on numerous occasions argued that the MOQ=Reality. He has also argued that the MOQ (because of this assumption)ipso facto cannot be a static intellectual PoV...which is correct, but total bullshit! His definition of the intellectual PoV is the problem.
I am not interpreting Marsha, I am using his very words.

Marsha:
It was my response to your "subject here and motorcycle there and never
twain shall meet".  I thought it matched your ambivalence well.

Andre:
My ambivalence about what?

Marsha:
It makes reading and trying to understand your posts difficult.

Andre:
I am truly sorry that my way of putting things in my posts makes their understanding difficult for you Marsha, and I do apologize. Whenever I get annoyed I turn to Australian colloquialisms to put force behind what I try to get across. Bodvar has been at this for over ten years and regardless of what anyone says, including Mr. Pirsig, he just continues his sales job. Not only has he got your interpretation of the MOQ mixed up, I think he also stuffed Mary's interpretation up.
I find this very, very sad.

Marsha:
The MoQ is important to me, but not necessarily your interpretation.  I like my interpretation, but it could  change if I thought it appropriate.

Andre:
Great! But change your interpretation then on the basis of what Pirsig says and do not let yourself be lead by Bodvar...or anyone else on this discuss. Find the arguments and presentations that are closest to those of Mr. Pirsig.

Marsha:
The known is an ever-changing, interrelated, impermanent, relative
static pattern of value.  I see no reason to be too concerned with something
that will, even for you, be changing and is impermanent.

Andre:
Here you go again being evasive and finding your own way out of the back door if things get too hot for you! The 'known' is a static pattern of intellectual value. You are confusing static with dynamic.

Marsha:
To you, I may seem confused.   I know of no reason why that should
concern me.

Andre:
I think you are keeping your options open Marsha...by not being concerned about your own confusion. You need that back door.

Marsha:
Why don't you work on yourself...

Andre:
My patterns are working overtime Marsha. I keep on working on 'myself' all the time. I am continually ready to adapt, learn from others, admit my misunderstandings and or convictions, and readily admit that I was wrong at times...unlike some here on this discuss. If this, to you, is an expression of 'ego' then that is fine by me. I do not feel like proving anything about myself...just a healthy notion that loads of understandings are provisional.

Marsha:
Your opinion is your opinion, and has nothing to do with me.

Andre:
I thought this discuss is about sharing opinions, interpretations of Mr. Pirsig's work: the MOQ. If you are not concerned about my opinions then ipso facto you are not concerned about anyone's opinions but your 'own'. Start another blogg Marsha...your own...in true SOM style. Because, as you argue: never the twain shall meet and we will remain those lovely, funny, lonely little isolated little units of subjects and objects.