[MD] Reading & Comprehension

david buchanan dmbuchanan at hotmail.com
Sat May 1 08:47:51 PDT 2010

Pirsig said to Platt and Bo:
"Therefore to say that the MOQ is based on SOM reasoning is as useful as saying that the Ten Commandments are based on SOM reasoning. It doesn't tell us anything about the essence of the Ten Commandments  and it doesn't tell us anything about the essence of the MOQ."
"I think this conclusion undermines the MOQ, ... The MOQ is in opposition to subject-object metaphysics. To say that it is a part of that system which it opposes sounds like a dismissal. ... I see a lowering of the quality of the MOQ itself if you follow this path of subordinating it to that which it opposes."

Bo replied:
Nowhere will you find anything about me misinterpreting the MOQ...

dmb adds:

This is very strong evidence. It very nearly proves that it is a pointless waste of time to present evidence to unreasonable people.

Scientists used to think that diamonds were the hardest material on earth but this fact has been altered by the discovery that Bodvar's head is 9 times harder than a diamond.