[MD] Buddhism's s/o

Mary marysonthego at gmail.com
Sat May 1 11:03:32 PDT 2010

Hi Marsha,

At various times people here have said that the Intellectual Level cannot be
"just SOM" because that would exclude Eastern intellectual patterns.  I've
asked which patterns, but never got a list.  It's so refreshing to hear you
come forward with the idea that Buddha was using the same logic we employ to
think through the problems of the human condition.  When you start thinking
about this argument that the East doesn't use SOM, and you start dissecting
it -  why do they think that, then why do they think "that" all the way
down, a couple of things come to mind.

Either (like me) many people don't know much about the East and so subscribe
to a lot of vague ideas about what people must think about over there, or
there's a subtle form of racism at work.  You know, they're "other" and
"foreign" so they must think differently than we do.  Kind of silly.

Mary

MarshaV