[MD] Buddhism's s/o

Mary marysonthego at gmail.com
Sat May 1 18:06:33 PDT 2010

Hi Joe,

Nice story about the choir.

> Imho a child will become convinced of what he is convinced.

The threshold for becoming convinced seems lower for children than adults.
I wonder if this is because children crave some static latches?

> Society is very chaotic.

And we all seek order in our personal Universe.

The problem seems to be that once we make a static latch onto a belief it
requires a lot of energy to overcome inertia to reject that belief in favor
of a new one.

So it seems to make a difference what order you acquire your beliefs in.

Does it ever bother you that there are children in your church?

Could they be getting indoctrinated into a set of beliefs about which they
are not capable of making a fair evaluation?

That kind of sucks.

Mary

On Behalf Of Joseph Maurer