[MD] Buddhism's s/o

MarshaV valkyr at att.net
Sun May 2 00:34:10 PDT 2010

Greetings Dan,

For me,  all that is known is ever-changing, dependent, impermanent
patterns.

When I label intellectual patterns as SOM I am describing how they are
perceived, or how they function in consciousness.  I-spov represent reified
concepts and the rules for their manipulation.  Intellectual patterns create
false boundaries, giving the illusion of independence, or 'thingness'. I
understand this fourth level to represent a formalized subject/object
level where the subjective is supposedly stripped from the experience
to reveal an objective truth.

Marsha