[MD] apologies

Andre Broersen andrebroersen at gmail.com
Sun May 2 02:27:37 PDT 2010

Jon to Andre:

I am a theist and a Christian without apology, and it is a part of all I do
and all I am, and certainly my thought. So when I enter a room or a
conversation Christ enters with me. And that, I imagine, is the reason you
have twice now tried to shoo me out.

Andre:
We all have our ghosts Jon, and some ghosts are more real and/or more useful than others.

Jon:
As to the relevance of theism to quality, Pirsig clearly gives quality
creative ability. He attributes many other Divine aspects to quality as
well.

Andre:
I am tempted to respond but will ask first what you understand by 'Divine'?

Jon:
And I want to look more clearly at just what qualifies a belief as a theistic belief. For I believe we all have them, even you.

Andre:
This is one heck of an assumption to make Jon. (funny thing happened as I cut and pasted this passage: the space between a and theistic disappeared...is my computer developing intelligence?).

Jon:
Pirsig and his moq are dealing with the history of thought particularly in
the West.

Andre:
Strange, I thought(!)the MOQ was about values.

Jon:
I think the Cross answers the questions and problems Pirsig raises better
than moq. And I know no one has discussed Herman Dooyeweerd on this list ad
infinitum.

Andre:
Correct about Dooyeweerd. So you're mission is to convince contributors to the MOQ discuss that the answer does not lie in Quality but rather in your 'Cross'... and that we should take you seriously?

As dmb has already hinted, you are not going to have a nice time here Jon, and even more to the point: why not start your own blog? Why go into a mosque and start an argument about your conviction that Christ answers the questions and problems better than Mohamed? Or, for that matter, go to a Buddhist temple and convince the monks about the virtues of Christ rather than the Buddha?

Jon:
I do wish you the best and appreciate your apology, whether it was directed
at me or not.

Andre:
You and the rest of this discuss Jon, and thank you once again.