[MD] Buddhism's s/o

Mary marysonthego at gmail.com
Sun May 2 10:01:12 PDT 2010

Hi Dan,

Nice to hear from you.  Wish you would post more often.

On Behalf Of Dan Glover
> Sent: Saturday, May 01, 2010 11:04 PM
>
> I am not being mean-spirited when I say Bo's SOM as Quality's
> intellect doesn't make sense in the context of the MOQ. I am stating a
> fact.

[Mary Replies]
Ummm, not a fact, but a belief you have acquired.  Facts are agreed with by
everybody, like "the world is flat" was in 1491.  Well, there was this one
guy.  I think Queen Isabella liked him.

And if others choose to believe in nonsense I can't stop them.
> No one can. You say you want an example of some "thing" that's not a
> subject or object yet you're convinced subjects and objects are all
> there is. Do you see the problem?

[Mary Replies]
Where did I ever say, "subjects and objects are all there is"?  Static and
Dynamic Quality is all there is.  imHo, the Intellectual Level is what says
"subjects and objects are all there is".

> >Mary:
> > Most - no - all human disagreement arises from differing fundamental
> > beliefs.
>
> Dan:
> Disagreements drive the evolution of intellect.

[Mary Replies]
You Lamarckian, you. :)

> >Mary:
> > Beliefs are static and difficult to overcome - so be careful what you
> choose
> > to convince your children of.
>
> Dan:
> Children grow up. If we teach them well, they'll do good. We have to
> trust in that... right?

[Mary Replies]
Yeah.  To learn to trust, they must first be trusted.
Or, I guess you could say, they need a lot of rope.  Few things are quite so
enlightening as reaching the end of it.  Oops!

Have a good one!
Mary