[MD] Buddhism's s/o

Dan Glover daneglover at gmail.com
Sun May 2 15:28:31 PDT 2010

Hello everyone

On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 12:01 PM, Mary <marysonthego at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> Nice to hear from you.  Wish you would post more often.

Hi Mary
It's good to hear from you as well. Though I'd like to post more
often, unlike John, I rarely get two hour lunches.

> On Behalf Of Dan Glover
>> Sent: Saturday, May 01, 2010 11:04 PM
>>
>> I am not being mean-spirited when I say Bo's SOM as Quality's
>> intellect doesn't make sense in the context of the MOQ. I am stating a
>> fact.
>
> [Mary Replies]
> Ummm, not a fact, but a belief you have acquired.  Facts are agreed with by
> everybody, like "the world is flat" was in 1491.  Well, there was this one
> guy.  I think Queen Isabella liked him.

Dan:
All facts are beliefs but not all beliefs are facts. I maintain I am
stating a fact. I can back it up with quotes if need be.

>Dan:
> And if others choose to believe in nonsense I can't stop them.
>> No one can. You say you want an example of some "thing" that's not a
>> subject or object yet you're convinced subjects and objects are all
>> there is. Do you see the problem?
>>
> [Mary Replies]
> Where did I ever say, "subjects and objects are all there is"?  Static and
> Dynamic Quality is all there is.  imHo, the Intellectual Level is what says
> "subjects and objects are all there is".

Dan:
I don't know if you actually said that. But you seemed to infer it by
your question. The idea that subjects and objects are primary to
reality is a good idea. It allows us to survive and thrive in a hard
world. But that idea is not the intellectual level of the MOQ. It is
just one way of viewing reality.

>> >Mary:
>> > Most - no - all human disagreement arises from differing fundamental
>> > beliefs.
>>
>> Dan:
>> Disagreements drive the evolution of intellect.
>>
> [Mary Replies]
> You Lamarckian, you. :)

Dan:
:)

>> >Mary:
>> > Beliefs are static and difficult to overcome - so be careful what you
>> choose
>> > to convince your children of.
>>
>> Dan:
>> Children grow up. If we teach them well, they'll do good. We have to
>> trust in that... right?
>>
> [Mary Replies]
> Yeah.  To learn to trust, they must first be trusted.
> Or, I guess you could say, they need a lot of rope.  Few things are quite so
> enlightening as reaching the end of it.  Oops!

Dan:
I find I'm old enough now that the very thought of raising children
terrifies me. That, after raising five of them. God, how did I do
that? And have them all turn out as good as they did...

> Have a good one!

You too,

Dan