[MD] Buddhism's s/o

Steven Peterson peterson.steve at gmail.com
Sun May 2 15:02:52 PDT 2010

Hi Platt,

On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 8:08 AM,  <plattholden at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Andre,
>
> Can you give us some examples of "spiritual rationality?" Sounds
> suspiciously like theology. But, of course, your adamant denial of
> anything approaching theism precludes that avenue.
>
> While you're at it, could you explain what "spirit" means in your world?

Steve:
I always thought that Pirsig means that rationality is not divorced
from value, meaning, and purpose as some have thought. Pirsig's "new
spiritual rationality" is the rationality that one is using when logic
is thought of as a set of guidelines for getting good conclusions from
good premises rather than cold stale facts about how the world works
independently of human interests.

Best,
Steve