[MD] Buddhism's s/o

Marsha Valkyr valkyr at att.net
Mon May 3 00:34:51 PDT 2010

Greetings,

On May 2, 2010, at 5:42 PM, Dan Glover wrote:

Hello everyone

>On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 2:34 AM, MarshaV <valkyr at att.net> wrote:
>

>Greetings Dan,
>>
>Hey Marsha
>

>Marsha:
>>
>For me,  all that is known is ever-changing, dependent, impermanent
>>
>patterns.
>>
>Dan:
>Sounds good.
>

>Marsha:
>>
>When I label intellectual patterns as SOM I am describing how they are
>>
>perceived, or how they function in consciousness.  I-spov represent reified
>>
>concepts and the rules for their manipulation.  Intellectual patterns create
>>
>false boundaries, giving the illusion of independence, or 'thingness'. I
>>
>understand this fourth level to represent a formalized subject/object
>>
>level where the subjective is supposedly stripped from the experience
>>
>to reveal an objective truth.
>>
>Dan:
>I understand intellectual patterns of value to represent ideas.

Marsha:
Ideas that are ever-changing, dependent and impermanent?  I am so much
more intrigued by the nature of all patterns, than the definition of the levels.
The most interesting patterns are of the 'not this' and 'not that' variety, which
covers all of them if you take the time to understand them.  But then it seems
to me that you only need to understand a few to understand all of them, and
there are better things to do with ones silence.  -  Too many words, right?

Are you too busy fixing motorcycles to plant a garden?

Thank you.

Marsha

___