[MD] Mr. Pirsig

Mary marysonthego at gmail.com
Tue May 4 06:01:33 PDT 2010

Many things to say about it.  I'll pick one.

The levels are not really hierarchical though each did break free from its
parent.

There is no grading system to Dynamic Quality.

All are of Quality and all Quality is.

Newton's Laws are of imperfect Quality.  They do not explain in every
situation, thus they were replaced, though still completely useful in the
context of their usefulness.  What has replaced them is also of incomplete
Quality.  Quantum Mechanics will not help you repair your motorcycle just as
Newtonian Mechanics will not explain the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle.

What is crafty?  uncanny?  elegant? is that the MoQ provides explanatory
power from all angles.  Some are easier to grasp than others, but
nevertheless it explains equally well, as far as I can see, from any
starting point.  The only reason some are easier to grasp than others is a
function of resonance.  What resonates now may not resonate later, but all
is Quality.

Within the explanation it provides, that is, the explanation that resonates
to the individual in the moment, is the impetus to transcend that momentary
understanding.  All (it seems) 'levels' of understanding are available, and
built-in is the realization that there are always more realizations to be
made.

The road to understanding the MoQ is not a straight line.  It is a circle.

Mary