[MD] Pirsig's theory of truth

Mary marysonthego at gmail.com
Sat May 8 18:25:13 PDT 2010

Hello again Andre,

Rereading your post I saw this.  It made me happy to see something concrete
we disagree about to discuss.  Cool.

> Mary:
> Time is also a static pattern of value.  The concept of beginning and
> end, future and past logically had to have been the "first" static
> pattern there was.
>
> This is because without the concept of time, there can be no change.
> Change
> requires comparison.  Without a "prior", what would be the change?
>
> Andre:
> Turn this 'logic' around' and you may begin to understand the static
> intellectual pattern (arisen from dynamic experience) that gave rise
> to the concept of time.

[Mary Replies]
Come again?  "Turn this logic around" to what?

[Mary Replies again]
Now I get it.  You must view time as a static Intellectual pattern.  I view
it as a static Inorganic pattern.  That would be a point of contention
between us right there.

Retreating to my black hole, ;)
Mary