[MD] e: Reading & Comprehension

Arlo Bensinger ajb102 at psu.edu
Tue May 11 10:01:54 PDT 2010

[Marsha]
You tell me.  Are there any intellectual patterns that may be loosing
their usefulness?

[Arlo]
Certainly, the ones that are rooted in SOM.

[Marsha]
I think the lamenting has to do with head without heart.  Would have,
could have, should have been different.  The body could have evolved
with ten toes.  It didn't.

[Arlo]
If ALL intellect is SOM, HOW could things have been any different???
How could intellect have evolved any differently? It is SOM by your
definition, it could never have been otherwise.

[Marsha]
Let's please remember that evolution is an intellectual static
pattern of value.   Otherwise harmonious?  I don't buy that assumption.

[Arlo]
If ALL intellect is SOM, and SOM is a blinder to Quality, then the
intellectual level itself becomes the anomolous "problem" in the
hierarchy. Rather than the other levels which are to be embraced,
"intellect" becomes nothing more than an obstacle.