[MD] e: Reading & Comprehension

skutvik at online.no skutvik at online.no
Wed May 12 11:56:48 PDT 2010

Marsha, Arlo.

11 May.:

[Arlo]
> > If all intellectual patterns are SOM, what is the "cancerous"
> > element you speak of? Indeed, what was it that Pirsig lamented when
> > the Sophists were run under by Plato? We certainly can't lament that
> > intellect was infested with SOM, since intellect IS SOM. I suppose
> > you could lament that intellect achieved dominance, but if that is a
> > bad thing, why did Pirsig place it atop his moral hierarchy?

ZAMM needs some MOQ adjustment and the Sophist issue is the
most needy issue. Their strife with Plato was the budding intellectual
level's subjectivism's versus its objectivism that still haunts intellect
...in its SOM capacity role!!!!!. Intellect was not infested with SOM,
rather the S/O value fossilizes into a S/O METAPHYSICS !!!

Marsha:
> I understand intellectual patterns to be built on the SOM premise.
> Some will stay valid, some will become irrelevant or, indeed, harmful.
>  Those intellectual patterns that lose their validity will fall back
> into oblivion.

Right you are Marsha, Intellect's value is the S/O distinction, which
went unchecked on to become a SOM which has given the West a
technological heaven but a metaphysical hell  ... until RMP came and
cut the Gordic Knot that was impossible to see - much less cut - from
within SOM , within intellect. It requires a  bootstrap operation to lift
ourselves to the Quality level, something the academics have no
intention of trying, they  want, the MOQ  to remain an intellectual
pattern and as long as that view rules it's just a complicated  SOM.
Arlo may be small fry here, it's DMB who is the big roadblock.

Bodvar