[MD] Reading & Comprehension

Andre Broersen andrebroersen at gmail.com
Fri May 14 07:42:10 PDT 2010

Bodvar to Andre:

Why not think for yourself for a change.

Andre:
Bodvar, the thing is that you have started to think for yourself too soon, after your so called 'epiphany' of your own first reading of ZMM and following this the raping of the entire sequence: the MOQ.
Mr. Pirsig has devoted 45 odd years of his life to Quality, wrote two great books pointing the finger at it, appeared on tape and DVD. I have spent the past 3 years seriously devoting myself to learning to understand the MOQ as MR. Pirsig has conceived it.

Mr. Pirsig took 4 years to write ZMM. Am I going to make a judgement about its contents after two readings?

Mr. Pirsig took seventeen years to develop the second book, LILA, in which he took all his time and put in all his energy to work out the deductive implications of ZMM ( may I remind you, under very difficult circumstances!). Should I contend myself with complete understanding after the second reading of it...despite the fact that it has given me 'epiphanies' i.e. insights which were so named because reading it, things began to 'fit'?

Save me your sermonizing Bodvar. I really think that you have a serious problem. You are so fixed on your SOL that it isn't funny anymore. It is pathetic. To 'fit' your interpretation to suit the MOQ you are twisting and turning and bending and contorting things in a way that leaves the MOQ unrecognizable.

Your SOL does not fit the MOQ, it does not follow the events described in ZMM, you completely misunderstand. For the past 13 years or so people of high and low caliber have pointed yourto your misunderstandings and misinterpretations...all to no avail. Even Mr. Pirsig himself has told you directly...but you are so convinced and influenced by the so called revelations of your own, one time epiphany ( you said you were very screwed up at the time) that you have quite literally stopped learning, you have entangled yourself in incredible static patterns of convictions that you do not see your way out of them anymore because they are the reality for you. A wonderful example of the Cleveland Harbour Effect Mr. Pirsig talks about.

And you have been in this for the past thirteen years or so.

Don't tell me when to start thinking for myself. I will start doing this when I have understood what I am talking about and before I do so I want to know exactly what Mr. Pirsig meant to convey by his MOQ. Once I understand, I can begin to learn to play games with it...see whether in follows my own dharma or whether IT needs re-adjusting (for myself).

You, my friend, are totally lost in your own interpretation and no matter what anyone says, you will not budge one iota of an inch. I think this is sad and pathetic.

Do not expect me to respond to your nonsense anymore, event hough I would like to because of the influence you appear to have on this discuss on some other contributors. Instead of saying I should think for myself, you should ask, what I think Mr. Pirsig means by this or that... and not what does Bodvar say that Mr. Pirsig meant, should have meant, said, or should have said, or intended to say.
And then correcting Mr. Pirsig himself about what he should have said.

My conviction Bodvar (you have your SOL): Bodvar does not have one iota of an idea about what the message of both ZMM and LILA is! Absolutely NONE.

Closed.