[MD] e: Reading & Comprehension

John Carl ridgecoyote at gmail.com
Sun May 16 09:43:28 PDT 2010

On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 8:57 AM, MarshaV <valkyr at att.net> wrote:

> Thanks!!! I love this song!!!

Glad you appreciate it.  I've told stories of Lu's ex-boyfriend, Neal
Cassady's grandson, Bill.  Well when they were dating, that was "their
song".

Personally, I prefer the Doors.

> Mother Nature?
>

> Here's  an example of the  "dynamic, creative, artistic and intellectual
> level of man's highest felt strivings."
>
> First:
> http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/16/us/16oil.html?hp

Yeah, that's been on my mind a bit lately.  The guy I work for, Alan -
co-owner of Soleil Farm (Lu did their website <http://soleilfarm.org> this
week) was really ranting about the hubris of industrialized technology and
the end of ocean life last week.  And he's really smart (one of them ph.d
types, doncha know) and its a very scarey thought that this might truly be
The End.

But hey, who cares, old news.  What's really relevant is the latest American
Idol contest, no?

> And I do mean 'man'...

I hear you sister.  Maybe its God, as in Revelations (Hunter Thompson's
favorite source for a good quote)

"And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the
blood of a dead [man]: and every living soul died in the sea."

Last week we were eating somewhere with a delicious spread of shrimp and I
told my girls, "eat up girls, this might be the last of it."

I'm gonna dig out my copy of Eherenfeld's Arrogance of Humanism sometime and
quote it willy-nilly.

Worried John