[MD] e: Reading & Comprehension

MarshaV valkyr at att.net
Sun May 16 11:27:52 PDT 2010

Hi John,

Didn't mean to lash out at you.  I've been trying to avoid the horror of
it.  I know only what I get out of the corner of my eye.  It's too horrible,
too, too, too horrible.  It's time for a little tar&feathering?  I am choking
down tears and rage.  Calling my senators and representative now
seems like writing a letter to Santa Claus.  I don't know what to do!

Sorry.

Marsha

On May 16, 2010, at 12:43 PM, John Carl wrote:

> On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 8:57 AM, MarshaV <valkyr at att.net> wrote:
>

>> Thanks!!! I love this song!!!
>>

> Glad you appreciate it.  I've told stories of Lu's ex-boyfriend, Neal
> Cassady's grandson, Bill.  Well when they were dating, that was "their
> song".
>
> Personally, I prefer the Doors.
>

>> Mother Nature?
>>

>> Here's  an example of the  "dynamic, creative, artistic and intellectual
>> level of man's highest felt strivings."
>>
>> First:
>> http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/16/us/16oil.html?hp
>>

> Yeah, that's been on my mind a bit lately.  The guy I work for, Alan -
> co-owner of Soleil Farm (Lu did their website <http://soleilfarm.org> this
> week) was really ranting about the hubris of industrialized technology and
> the end of ocean life last week.  And he's really smart (one of them ph.d
> types, doncha know) and its a very scarey thought that this might truly be
> The End.
>
> But hey, who cares, old news.  What's really relevant is the latest American
> Idol contest, no?
>

>> And I do mean 'man'...
>>

> I hear you sister.  Maybe its God, as in Revelations (Hunter Thompson's
> favorite source for a good quote)
>
> "And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the
> blood of a dead [man]: and every living soul died in the sea."
>

> Last week we were eating somewhere with a delicious spread of shrimp and I
> told my girls, "eat up girls, this might be the last of it."
>
> I'm gonna dig out my copy of Eherenfeld's Arrogance of Humanism sometime and
> quote it willy-nilly.

___