[MD] Know-how - an aside

Arlo Bensinger ajb102 at psu.edu
Tue May 18 12:54:13 PDT 2010

[Marsha]
I don't really see it as an either/or problem.

[Arlo]
Thank you. That was my point.

[Marsha]
I really believe the best one can do is change as an individual  and
hope it radiates out into the community.

[Arlo]
I think the two are tied actively, not just passively as this seems to suggest.

[Marsha]
An individual cannot do anything to control the community.

[Arlo]
The community reflects the collective activity of those within. No,
one person can't indiscriminantly and effortlessly change things on
whim (chaos?), as a King or autocrat. But, ideally, good ideas form
"movements" (collectively-driven patterns that oppose the status
quo), and these do have the ability to effect change.

[Marsha]
.. but think individuals bettering themselves add the most benefit.

[Arlo]
I agree.

[Marsha]
Not going to dance to the political drumbeat.

[Arlo]
Someone will...