[MD] frankly xacto painting

skutvik at online.no skutvik at online.no
Thu May 20 00:09:48 PDT 2010

Hi Frank

19 May. you wrote:

> Love is to Biology as Law is to Social as Truth is to Intellectual.

I drop your colloqualisms, as a "foreigner" I'm out of my depth there.
However love is an emotion and thus social (sex is biology!). However
Truth as intellect is spot on. It's the "objectivity" of the subject/object
distinction.

Back to the social and law issue. Of course "law" is ONE mighty social
pattern, but "emotion" is THE renegade biological pattern that "took off
on a purpose of its own" to form the social level as a reality of its own.
There surely were early tribal societies that had no criminal law, the
emotional bonds were its glue. First it was strictly parent child, then
family, then klan, then "our cause" (cosa nostra) and the rest is the
history of increasing social complexity.

Bodvar