[MD] hey dmb

david buchanan dmbuchanan at hotmail.com
Thu May 20 20:17:38 PDT 2010

Marsha said to dmb:
I'm curious to know if the talk you gave on the 'The MOQ at Oxford' video was the only talk you gave?  Did you give a different talk to Oxford students?

dmb says:

It was basically the same but I think there were no Oxford students in audience. These were older people, say 35 and up. I was told that three of the audience members were Oxford philosophy teachers, one of which we had drinks with afterward. She was more like a poet, actually, a totally awesome woman. There is at least one thing about the actual event that was different from the outdoor versions Anthony recorded. I asked the audience if anyone had ever read ZAMM and every hand shot straight up like one big salute to Pirsig. I was literally tickled by that very cool moment and I wish it had been recorded. Anyway, I haven't seen it yet but what you probably saw was my first attempt to say it out loud. The taping served as a rehearsal for the talk, which I badly needed.

Thanks for asking.