[MD] Pirsig's theory of truth

Joseph Maurer jhmau at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 22 13:44:51 PDT 2010

On 5/22/10 10:15 AM, "Mary" <marysonthego at gmail.com> wrote:

> Reality does equal Quality.

<snip>

Hi Mary and all,

In the SOM I studied, a schema for words was Substance and Accidents that
inhered in the substance. Substance is a noun and Reality is a noun.
Quality, on the other hand, is an adjective which inheres in a substance.
³Reality does equal Quality² is a confusing equality of poetic license.

I prefer to say that ³Evolution does equal Quality².  Quality is
indeterminate and Evolution is indeterminate.  With the reality of a level
of evolution, which is indefinable DQ, Quality remains indeterminate.

Joe