[MD] Relativism

Mary marysonthego at gmail.com
Sat May 22 15:21:33 PDT 2010

Hi Ron,

On Behalf Of X Acto
> Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 8:49 PM
>
> Steve,
> Dave has provided several quotes over the course of this arguement.
> Which
> stated that Rorty felt that any epistomologial theory of truth is
> meaningless,
> Dave points out that this is true if one is speaking to the context of
> objective
> truth in an ontological way.
> Objective truth is culturally derrived. Pirsig and James remark how
> truth
> is a species of the good. Connecting truth and experience, that is why
> everyone can agree to "the good" but disagree over the truth.
>
> Which is one good reason Bo's SOL fails to explain how DQ/SQ has
> greater
> explanitory power.

[Mary Replies]
Fascinating.  I'm trying to figure out what you mean here.  What does SOL
have to do with it?

SOL fails DQ/SQ because with SOL everyone should be able to arrive at an
"objective" truth, though DQ/SQ denies the existence of it?
Or
SOL fails DQ/SQ because it does not include an admission of the existence of
DQ/SQ?
Or
?

Thanks,