[MD] Reading & Comprehension

Andre Broersen andrebroersen at gmail.com
Sun May 23 09:49:03 PDT 2010

Andre to Mary:
> >  Is death subject or object? Is suffering subject or object? Is sickness
> >  subject or object? Is yin/ yang subject or object? Is form/
> >  formlessness subject or object???

Mary says:Yes.

Andre:
Yes what? Commit yourself Mary! As dmb has argued in a previous post,
your SOM use is beyond its bounds. SOM postulates either this or that
Mind eternally separated from matter. Which one is it? We are talking
about clear divisions here. Mind or matter, material or mental, objects
or subjects, physical or psychological ...what else do you want? You
maintain the separation which the MOQ is unifying....yes! at the
intellectual level...this is its strength! The Good can be
intellectually defended!

And if and when you say it is the subject/ object aggregate (as Bodvar
would have it) and if we understand by  'object' meaning inorganic and
organic patterns of value ( which in  SOM are completely different ideas
and postulates as opposed to be understood in the MOQ) and subjects are
social and intellectual patterns of value...then we may come a bit
closer... but to be understood not from a SOM perspective but from the
intellectual pattern called MOQ.