[MD] Reading & Comprehension

Mary marysonthego at gmail.com
Sun May 23 14:36:12 PDT 2010

Hi Joe,

> On 5/23/10 11:27 AM, "Mary" <marysonthego at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> <snip>
> > The hierarchy between the levels is only that.  It is
> > not a hierarchy of Dynamic Quality.  Dynamic Quality has no
> hierarchy.  It
> > just is.
> <snip>
>
> Hi Mary and all,
>
> Evolution follows a template of existence.  Evolution is described in a
> hierarchy otherwise it makes no sense and ³change² would be a better
> description than ³evolution².
>
> If quality is reality and reality evolves, I would guess that quality
> evolves.  Dynamic Quality is undefined not non-existent.

[Mary Replies]
Yeah, DQ is definitely not non-existent.  It is all there is ultimately.
That static stuff is what's temporary.

Evolving.  I think Pirsig models his static hierarchy off biological
evolution.  It evolves in response to the highest Quality solution at the
time.  I would be uncomfortable with saying it is evolving with 'purpose'.

Best,
Mary