[MD] [Bulk] moors

MarshaV valkyr at att.net
Wed May 26 12:00:47 PDT 2010

Adrie,

Ferdinand and Isabella drove the last of the Moors out of Spain in 1492.  It is these Moors
I am wondering about.  Where did they resettled.  Yes, I know they were assimilated; they
occupied Spain for seven hundred years.  Where did they go after they were defeated.
They were a very educated, tolerant, intellectually advanced people, what happened to
them?  Can they be identified with any area of the MiddleEast today? I've been to the
mosque in Cordoba, I've been to the Alhambra in Granada, I've been all through Andalusia,
these people left behind artifacts of incredible beauty.

I saw on the documentary that they are beginning to rewrite much about the occupation.  So some
of what you knew 20 years ago, may not still apply.  Don't know.  It's seems the good Catholics
tried erase all they could from minds of the people and the landscape.  Today archeologists are
rediscovering a history that has been for a long time lost.

Marsha