[MD] grmbl

Andre Broersen andrebroersen at gmail.com
Sun May 30 20:21:39 PDT 2010

Platt to Andre:

What Mr. Pirsig was talking about with regards to "container logic" was his
wholehearted adoption of it to explain his new metaphysics, neatly
summarized in one sentence:

"What the Metaphysics of Quality would do is to take this separate category,
Quality, and show how it contains within itself both subjects and objects."
(Lila, 5)

That one sentence also advances Bo's idea that the intellectual level is not
only a "subset" of Quality but restricted to the S/O division.

Andre:
Hi Platt, it seems our readings of this sentence (within the context of the MOQ) is different then? Within the MOQ objects are inorganic and organic patterns of value, and subjects are social and intellectual patterns of value. All neatly arranged within an evolutionary framework.

Are we sharing the same meaning of 'subjects' and 'objects'? Perhaps you can explain what you mean by these two conceptualizations(if they are indeed different to the MOQ understanding of them). This may clear up a lot of misunderstandings and 'talking passed' eachother.