[MD] loopty-loop

ARLO J BENSINGER JR ajb102 at psu.edu
Mon May 31 14:14:49 PDT 2010

[Marsha]
There was no indication that I applied anything like an evil label on
Hofstadter.

[Arlo]
No, that's Platt's big-bad academic nonsense, but Hosftadter is about as
non-SOM as you can get. This is NOT Pirsig v. The World, by the way, there are
others who's non-SOM ideas can help expand rationality the way Pirsig intended.

[Marsha]
You might ask yourself where such nonsensical labeling is coming from.  It is
your applied patterning, not mine.

[Arlo]
"SOM" has become a ridiculous dismissive technique by the SOL jockeys. This is
so obvious it hardly merits mentioning, except that here the attempt is against
someone whose un-SOM thinking could actually compliment Pirsig, strengthen his
ideas, is subjected to this. Platt's bias, of course, comes from his attempt to
theologize the MOQ, you, I think, are just blinded by staring at the one SOM
tree and calling it the forest. You have extreme tunnel vision, and it does not
serve you well.