[MD] Science - Delusions in Search of Theory

Andre Broersen andrebroersen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 02:24:00 PDT 2010

Platt to Andre:

I'll take the superiority of what works to what is superior in theory any
day. ..

Andre:
I thought we were discussing the MOQ. I thought we were discussing what is considered in the MOQ as a higher expression of morality. Intellectual patterns of value are assigned a higher 'status' than social patterns of value.

In this little response you place yourself squarely in the SOM camp. You place yourself in the camp which does not recognize morals and all of a sudden you throw up that the MOQ is just a 'theory' anyway, the analysis of which you do not share because it is not sq convenient.

My reference to the bucket with snot still stands.

Platt:
Since such balance is impossible to define, I would choose the system which
is more open to DQ -- the free market -- and take my chances with ending up
among the degenerate.

Andre:
It is not 'impossible' to define Platt, and you know it. You just don't want your precious little sq's re-generated by applying moral (in this case intellectual) considerations.

Platt:
If I fail to make myself clear, please let me know and I'll try to clarify.

Andre:
You are making yourself perfectly clear Platt and I find your distortions, bendings and twistings of the MOQ embarrassing and, I imagine, very confusing for newcomers.

If dmb feels like needing a shower after your posting, I feel a strong urge to defecate.

Don't bother about any further questions Platt, respond any way you like.