[MD] Betternes - 4 levels of!

Ian Glendinning ian.glendinning at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 08:28:13 PDT 2010

Pretty much my point too Mark.

> As I see it, we have to start somewhere.  That somewhere is not always a
> product of reason.  Certainly such precepts can be further supported, but
> such support becomes somewhat self-referential.  However, that is to be
> expected since that is the nature of knowledge.

Being honest about dogma is, paradoxically, harder than most
pro-science / anti-faith commentators realize. Again paradoxically, a
venture like science that abhors dogma, is hugely self-referential and
highly unstable to even the tiniest remnants of dogma hidden within
it. House of cards springs to mind .... or supply your own biblical
"mote" quote if preferred.

Ian