[MD] Betternes - 4 levels of!

Horse horse at darkstar.uk.net
Sat Nov 6 07:51:50 PDT 2010

  Hi Mark

As with any area of knowledge starting somewhere is essential. However,
assuming that this starting point is unassailable and irrefutable is, as
I think you point out, the origins of dogma.
Questioning the origins of knowledge is best done by reasoning and not
just replacement by a new dogma. Then there's good reasoning and poor
reasoning. Ignoring data or experience which refutes a wanted conclusion
is a species of the latter. Only when considering all relevant
data/experience can reasoning be qualified as good reasoning and even
then it is reason that decides what is relevant and what is not.
As far as I'm concerned any process or area of knowledge that fails to
question it's underlying assumptions is dogma. If it's wrong throw it
out and start over or modify the original assumptions.

Horse

--

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid."
— Frank Zappa