[MD] Betternes - 4 levels of!

Horse horse at darkstar.uk.net
Sat Nov 6 06:34:33 PDT 2010

  Hi Dan

I missed this reply to my post cos I've had my nose buried in software
books recently!

I think what the 5 expressions below point to are not different types of
betterness but different aspects of the one betterness applied to
different forms of static value. Evolving molecular patterns are
different to evolving thought patterns.
Pirsig went to great trouble in Lila to illustrate that there are both
static and dynamic aspects to reality.
Dynamic reality is experience, static reality is how we make sense of
that experience.
And while DQ is the 'generator' of experience we can only discuss and
compare that experience through the static aspects of Quality. If
Quality and Morality are synonymous then the way we know (as opposed to
experience) betterness is through the fallout of that experience - i.e.
by comparison of static patterns.
Keeping clear the difference between DQ and SQ, whilst acknowledging
their relationship is key to understanding the MoQ. IMO :)

Horse

--

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid."
— Frank Zappa