[MD] BeTteR-neSs (undefined or otherwise)

118 ununoctiums at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 11:09:37 PST 2010

Hey Ham,
Thanks for the insight.  I do not think I am skeptical in the sense that I
am clinging to static representations that negate yours.  If I am at all, it
is just to increase my understanding.  I am not sure what part of the post I
am responding to, so I will leave it below for others and hope that it gets
through the hub.

The use of a microscope opens up new worlds.  Sometimes it is difficult to
make inferences of the whole with such a microscope unless one has an
appreciation for what one is looking into.  As such, inference can be more
difficult than deduction, since one never knows if enough information has
been gathered.  Focussing on the source of negation is indeed such a
microscopic approach.  You do present a good description of the difference
between the absolute, and our interpretation of it.  Negation is the process
for such differentiation.  As I see it, while such differentiation arises
from the absolute, the process for doing so must exist separately and draw
something out.  This kind of spark cannot arise on its own, but must be set,
to provide the fire.  This form of a negational node implies a window (or
release valve) which exists, not one that is created.

I appreciate the distinction between your ontology and Quality in that the
latter suggests direction.  This is also one of my stumbling blocks with
Quality, which comes from an appreciation of Taoism.  However, the ever
changing appearance of things does suggest some kind of direction.  I
suppose this is why religion is so powerful.  There seems to be intent of
some kind.  If we delve into the nature of that intent we break it up
statically and look backwards for beginning.  If we accept intent without
initiation then a creator is not necessary.  I believe you would subscribe
to this latter statement.  However, the act of negation does imply a
beginning which does subscribe to creation, so I am left hanging.  The
circular nature of reality as described in Vedic thought, that is repetitive
creation and destruction also requires an act of some sort, that is Brahma,
and Shiva.  Of course lets not forget Vishnu which creates Static Quality
(my interpretation, of course, which will probably change dynamically).  I
am a big fan of Kali, which is considered devil worship by some, and
ultimate reality by others.  I believe that Kali would represent Nothingness
and potential somethingness in your ontology.

In the beginning, of our selves, is what I am questioning.  If we couple
that with the subjective notion of self, it is difficult to imagine that
such a thing came from nowhere.  It is not intuitively obvious no matter how
many words are used.  There is something not right and forced in that
interpretation.  Perhaps something nihilistic, I don't know.

Cheers,
Mark