[MD] Betternes - 4 levels of!

John Carl ridgecoyote at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 18:19:01 PST 2010

Hello Dan and everyone,

I just need to clear up one small misconception (mis-conceptualization? Ham
has confused me.  Again. ;-)  I see frequently:

> Dan:
>   Robert Pirsig states that the MOQ is anti-theistic.

That is not true, Dan.  gav made that mistake too, but if you read it a
little more carefully he clearly  says that in a certain  regard, the MoQ is
anti-theistic.  The MoQ as a whole is no more "anti-theistic" than it is
"anti-theory of gravity".

The MoQ solves these problems, rather than affirms or denies them.

I highly recommend a closer reading of the Copleston Annotations where this
infamous aspersion has its origin.  Specifically it is the term "God" that
is being regarded in this way.  Dropping the term "God" as antiquated and
outmoded is not the same thing as the MoQ being "anti-theistic."

> Robert
> Pirsig states that Dynamic Quality is to be kept concept-free. We are
> here to discuss his work, not mine... at least that is what we are
> supposed to be here doing.
>
> If I may be so bold, what are you doing here, Mark? Oh, I know you
> like to be insulting and talk nonsense, but honestly, what are you
> doing here if you don't want to discuss the MOQ? Why not go to another
> chat group and chat nonsense?
>
> Your questions are silly. I am done attempting to have a discussion
> with you... it is going nowhere fast.

ah Dan, it is so easy to just give up. If you want quality discourse, I
recommend a bit more patience.

Not that I'm one to talk.

Yours,

John