[MD] Betternes - 4 levels of!

118 ununoctiums at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 14:45:58 PST 2010

Hi Dan,
I am sorry you feel that way.  My insults as you call them have only been in
response to your dogmatic statements and dismissiveness.  The last few posts
were not insulting and I am worried that you took them that way.  I do not
believe such an interpretation results from rational thought.  So, again, it
is not my purpose to insult you, only to discuss MOQ.

I am here for the same reason as you.  To discuss the Metaphysics of
Quality.  Such discussion requires interpretation.  Such interpretation may
arise in differences.  As an anti-theist you know that the gospels of
Christianity often contradict each other as to the message.  Did that stop
the growth of Christianity?  Even back then there were a variety of
interpretations as revealed recently through the scholarly analysis of so
called Gnostic Gospels.  I am sure you have read them to take your
anti-theist stance since you are thorough.  Do you see them as being
negative towards Christianity in them?

You can call me names and question my knowledge, but, you need to back that
up with rational thought.  Simply saying that your interpretation of MOQ is
the right one does not lend to this forum.  Since we are here to discuss
RMP's work, can't we question the proposal of concept-free?  Are there only
some things that we can discuss, is there a line we need to tow? This is
forum is discursive, not choir practice.

My question is similar.  What are you doing here?  Obviously you do not want
to discuss Pirsig in some very critical areas.  I do not understand your
problem with my question.  Please explain yourself so we can see where you
are coming from.  I do not understand your use of silly.  Everybody has
his/her opinion.  Such are the pains of growth.

I have not problem with your not wanting to discuss these things with us.
 Just stay away from the irrational dismissal.  Your response to me that
elicited this response provides no information what so ever.  As Adrie would
say, Information is Key.

I believe this needs some arbitration from Horse.  I know this is a
moderated site, and I am happy to follow the rules.  I read the rules when
joining, it seems that what I am doing is not breaking them.  If I am, then
I am not the only one.  If Horse asks to refrain, by all means that is his
judgement, I will comply.  Dan, what is your interpretation of the rules?

Thanks
Mark

Dan previously:

Mark, you just don't get it, do you? You're spouting nonsense about
something you obviously  know little or nothing about, namely the MOQ.
I am not asking you to do anything. Robert Pirsig wrote the books. I
didn't. Robert Pirsig states that the MOQ is anti-theistic. Robert
Pirsig states that Dynamic Quality is to be kept concept-free. We are
here to discuss his work, not mine... at least that is what we are
supposed to be here doing.

If I may be so bold, what are you doing here, Mark? Oh, I know you
like to be insulting and talk nonsense, but honestly, what are you
doing here if you don't want to discuss the MOQ? Why not go to another
chat group and chat nonsense?

Your questions are silly. I am done attempting to have a discussion
with you... it is going nowhere fast.

Dan

Moq_Discuss mailing list