[MD] Betterness - 4 levels of!

rapsncows at fastmail.fm rapsncows at fastmail.fm
Wed Nov 10 14:30:48 PST 2010

Ham,
I might jump in real quick,
Tim

> [Ham] My paradigm here is
> that of the individual self looking at its Absolute Source from the
> "outside", as it were, and creating an objective reality to represent the
> value realized.

Ham, I know next to nothing about your position, so I don't want to
trouble about too much now.  I'd also like to say that I have some
reservations about Pirsig and the MoQ.  While I do suspect that there
will never be a way to calculate what the 'right' thing to do is, not at
any moment, I think that there is much that could be done to bound that
decision / state / process / whatever it is.  I have wondered if Pirsig
was afraid of his insanity, and if that prevented him from pursuing the
highest aspirations that Phaedrus had before ... everything.  I have
wondered if he settled.

I also say something you said yestarday, I think you were talking with
Platt, and I don't recall the words (though I could find them if its
important - and they were repeated today, as I now recall)... anyway,
they suggested to me that you have the desire for more formality.  Me
too.  I have a feeling that something is ripening in this direction.
Though I have had similar feeling before, so it could just be a turd.

While I was reading ZAMM and Lila, I felt that I was comming at it from
across the aisle.  Anyway, my paradigm - and I would ask you: what if
you look at reality as the "absolute source" trying to know itself?

do the constraints of this process produce a physics?

Tim

  rapsncows at fastmail.fm