[MD] Is this the inadequacy of the MOQ?

118 ununoctiums at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 13:42:09 PST 2010

Hey John,

I sort of like this idea of truncating messages to that they mean something
different, seems to be popular these days...  I don't know how you got away
with such a large response, mine are rejected.  Not a problem though it
helps me condense to value.

So I am just responding to a couple of things, one is the question below.

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 10:44 AM, John Carl <ridgecoyote at gmail.com> wrote:

 [JC]

> ... sorta kicked my

head regarding some thinking with Mark along these lines that I never quite
> got around to explicating... but it involves the impossibility of intellect
> knowing itself.  Who was it that described our brains as being divided?
>  The
> corpus colosum? and all that?  The Door?
>
> We find our being in that door, because it enables us to see ourselves.  We
> have differing perspectives in us, the romantic and classic.  Intellect and
> Art.  Heart as well as mind, but like John Dewey and Platt say, Art should
> be aknowledged as the leader in this dance, and not as an afterthought.
>
> Is stuff I've been thinking in my chit'shat fashion.

[Mark]
They eyes looking at themselves, no mirrors allowed.  If you turn your head
fast enough or looked out the corner of your eyes, without moving, what do
you see?  Well that is an SEP.

It was the Doors that said "break on through to the other side" as I recall.
 I think the lead singer finally accomplished that too.  Language is a form
of art too.  You can like what it sings, or grow to like it, express it in
power chords, or just say it is trash.  The leader of the dance is leading
someone, but who is that?

Ken Kesey has always been a favorite of mine ever since Sometime a Great
Notion.  I was reading him at the same time as William Burroughs.  Talk
about different styles.  Demon Box was enjoyable although I had forgotten
what it was about, thanks for the refresher.  I have been told that Cuckoo's
Nest provides good insight to the schizophrenic mentality, I loved
Nicholson's rendition.  I think Sailor's Tale was supposed to be a modern
Ulysses although I haven't seen it interpreted that way in book reviews.
 Anyway it does incorporate some imagery from the tales of brave Ulysses as
is also sung by Cream.  Joyce's version takes too much effort, too much for
a single day.  What a web of meaningless knowledge this paragraph just was.

So, what does all this have to do with Quality.  Well, I think that is
obvious.

Cheers,
Mark