[MD] Is this the inadequacy of the MOQ?

John Carl ridgecoyote at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 16:49:05 PST 2010

greetings, Mark,

[Mark]
> They eyes looking at themselves, no mirrors allowed.  If you turn your head
> fast enough or looked out the corner of your eyes, without moving, what do
> you see?  Well that is an SEP.

I'm quite adept at making my problems, SEPs. Mark.  Thanks for noticing!

> It was the Doors that said "break on through to the other side" as I
> recall.
>  I think the lead singer finally accomplished that too.  Language is a form
> of art too.  You can like what it sings, or grow to like it, express it in
> power chords, or just say it is trash.  The leader of the dance is leading
> someone, but who is that?
>
> Ken Kesey has always been a favorite of mine ever since Sometime a Great
> Notion.  I was reading him at the same time as William Burroughs.  Talk
> about different styles.  Demon Box was enjoyable although I had forgotten
> what it was about, thanks for the refresher.  I have been told that
> Cuckoo's
> Nest provides good insight to the schizophrenic mentality, I loved
> Nicholson's rendition.  I think Sailor's Tale was supposed to be a modern
> Ulysses although I haven't seen it interpreted that way in book reviews.
>  Anyway it does incorporate some imagery from the tales of brave Ulysses as
> is also sung by Cream.  Joyce's version takes too much effort, too much for
> a single day.  What a web of meaningless knowledge this paragraph just was.
>
> So, what does all this have to do with Quality.  Well, I think that is
> obvious.

There is quite a bit to say about his (Keseys) treatment of "the celebrity
problem", congruent to a lot of Lila, that I'm gonna share in the near
future. found in  the story just before Demon Box, near the end of the book.

Watch your in box!

John