[MD] Humanism

MarshaV valkyr at att.net
Sat Nov 13 07:37:00 PST 2010

On Nov 13, 2010, at 10:22 AM, ARLO J BENSINGER JR wrote:

> [Marsha]
> I do not bend over backwards to come up with something...
>
> [Arlo]
> Sure you do, Marsha, and all the time. You keep repeating "truth is seen as
> relative", as if DMB somehow denies this, when what he does is include that one
> seeks the "highest quality explanation". In other words, the notion of
> "relative" as Pirsig uses it does not preclude some things being better than
> others.

Marsha:
If dmb will concede that truth, within the MoQ, is relative I will be satisfied.

I, too, have often defended 'truth being relative' by saying that that does not
mean all truths are equal.   I have offered that static patterns of value are
ranked within the MoQ's evolutionary, hierarchical structure as an example.

___