[MD] Humanism

ARLO J BENSINGER JR ajb102 at psu.edu
Sat Nov 13 07:22:03 PST 2010

[Marsha]
I do not bend over backwards to come up with something...

[Arlo]
Sure you do, Marsha, and all the time. You keep repeating "truth is seen as
relative", as if DMB somehow denies this, when what he does is include that one
seeks the "highest quality explanation". In other words, the notion of
"relative" as Pirsig uses it does not preclude some things being better than
others.

I could say the moon is made out of cheese, but that does not mean that's a
relativistically equal idea to one that says it is a composite of iron, sulfer,
nickel and so forth. I could say "According to the MOQ, we should worship
dolls", but that does not make it so.

When you hit the point where "anything can mean anything I want it to", then
you've removed yourself from any dialogue and become nothing more than a
carnival mirror.