[MD] Betterness - 4 levels of!

rapsncows at fastmail.fm rapsncows at fastmail.fm
Sat Nov 13 21:42:43 PST 2010

Mark,

> > [Tim]
> > if we are to try to start from math, again, perhaps that is to destroy.
> > But we have all been discussing, quite precisely, though with no settled
> > bullseye, and I don't think that any of us thinks that we have
> > destroyed.  Again, I am suggesting sticking to OUR guns, see if anything
> > structured falls out.
> >
> > [Mark]
> >
> OK, here is where I started:  Quality is everything.  For the sake of
> description it can be broken down into dynamic and static quality.  How
> these two interact was what I asked the group.

[Tim]
I'm reluctant to say where I start just because I don't want to lead
you, or anyone, into my path, rut...

But, if we start where you start, ... ?   It is my suspicion that the
'how' might lead to a 'structure'.  You 'break' quality 'down', but HOW
can you do that?

IS this why RMP suggests taht quality must remain simple?  Is this why
he suggests that it cannot be described? It is with questions like this
that I wonder if RMP sold himself short.  Did he have more insight, but
avoid exploring it?  A big part of the problem I brought up in my first
foray here was that he jumped all the way to the 'levels', even just
static and dynamic.  How can quality be simple, and static and dynamic,
all at the same time?

Again, I am focusing on the HOW?  So yes, "how these two interact..."
indeed!

Tim

  rapsncows at fastmail.fm