[MD] [Bulk] Re: Humanism

Arlo Bensinger ajb102 at psu.edu
Mon Nov 15 11:40:40 PST 2010

[Mark]
Divining does not require theism.

[Arlo]
I took your use of "divining" to be mocking of DMB. Wasn't it?

[Mark]
Pirsig's ideas as you state seem to leave an interpretation of DQ up to us.

[Arlo]
Right, and your "interpretation of DQ" is YOUR metaphysics. But
you've slyly switched gears here, and given that you cheer Marsha
this does not surprise me.

[Mark]
As such, we are discussing who's interpretation has more quality,
again a personal stance.

[Arlo]
We are discussing whose ideas have more quality, and to do that we
need an understanding of what has been said, and what is being said
in response.

As I said, my thoughts about non-humans on the social level is NOT an
interpretation of Pirsig, it is a refutation of Pirsig.

Certainly you can tell the difference.

But yes, we are arguing whose ideas have more value, in Marsha's case
its her ideas about Intellect=SOM versus Pirsig's ideas that
Intellect!=SOM (that's programming code for "does not equal" for the
laypeople).

Or in my case its about my ideas that Social=Non-humans versus
Pirsig's ideas that Social=Humans.

But your last reply to Marsha really shows you are not interested in
any conversation about this with me, as you ignored nearly everything
I said and chose a path of unbased ridicule instead. Sad.