[MD] Intellectual Level

Horse horse at darkstar.uk.net
Mon Nov 15 12:48:44 PST 2010

Hi Platt

This is about as twisted as it's possible to get and another excuse to
promote Bo's version of Pirsig's MoQ - i.e. SOL

SOM (as created by Pirsig, as you yourself pointed out) is a
metaphysical position whereby reality is divided into Subjects and
Objects. It is not a level in Pirsigs MoQ and contains no levels of its own.
How can Objects (as per SOM) be imaginary symbols? Is a rock or a plant
or a pig and imaginary symbol?
Have Subjects and Objects now become imaginary symbols.

As it was Pirsig who created SOM (as you have stated) could you show us
where he says that it is it's own level or where he states that it is
the level of imaginary symbols. For that matter, what exactly is an
imaginary symbol because as far as I'm aware Subjects nor Objects are
either imaginary or symbols within SOM.

Horse

--

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid."
— Frank Zappa