[MD] Intellectual Level

118 ununoctiums at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 10:26:04 PST 2010

Hi Platt,
That is my understanding of the intellectual level as well.  I would propose
the concept of branches rather than levels as another way to describe these
things.  Both Art and Intellect stem from similar places.  Mystical
experiences do as well.  While encompassing levels does provide some
understanding in terms of the evolutionary model, so do branches.  The
difference from a tree, is that these branches can communicate with each
other without going through the trunk.  Often the branches seem to
complement or even repeat each other.  The common trunk or root would
provide understanding to this.  Many philosophies or religions branch out
and can both agree and disagree with each other, and are considered progress
along a certain branch.  Growth and change is essential, and some dead ends
sometimes fall from the trees, or at least do not bear fruit anymore.

Art certainly provides more freedom to interpretations than does
intellectual symbolism, but intellect provides more room for growth to the
common man.

Just an opinion for discussion.

Mark