[MD] [Bulk] Re: Humanism

david buchanan dmbuchanan at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 15 17:21:00 PST 2010

dmb says:
Thanks Arlo. Sometimes I wonder if people see this situation the same way I see it. And you nailed it. Marsha always evades the evidence, pretends that no explanations were offered, and she never fails to add a hostile insult or two. She can do all this in a single sentence. In the sentence below, for example, she dismisses Pirsig's opinion by calling it a "press release" and she implies that I haven't even started to explain anything yet.

Since all that evidence and all those explanations are on record in the archives, one would have to be pretty delusional to deny it. This behavior is so bizarre that it must be a psychological problem. Simple dishonesty and stupidity can't explain it. It can't be explained by mere weakness of mind or by face-saving bullshit. It's worse than that. She has even accused me several times of distorting her views when all I did was quote something she'd said earlier that day. She will literally reject her own statements to be against me.

Maybe compassion is the only proper response here but after somebody has insulted and dismissed you a hundred times, it's not very easy to be generous or charitable. Sadly, at this point, the only feelings I can muster are frustration, nausea and disgust.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks. I needed a reality check and you've gone above and beyond that. We've never even met but you're defending me like a dear old friend.