[MD] [Bulk] Re: Humanism

X Acto xacto at rocketmail.com
Mon Nov 15 20:00:50 PST 2010

Horse:
My particular point, furthermore, is that intellect cannot be the highest
aspiration of evolutionary development.  The dictionary definition of
intellect, is non-artistic, for one thing.  It refers to a specific branch
of human cognition that operates rationally by rules and analysis.  Not at
all adequate for a label for the 4th level, imo.

Ron:
I think once the good was reflected apon, intellectually, intellect
becomes a force for evolution.
I think the understanding of the term used for the fourth level
is anchored in the understanding of the expansion of rationality.
Analytics is an aestetic, a value, and in this way, intellect is
a higher form of evolution.