[MD] [Bulk] Re: Humanism

MarshaV valkyr at att.net
Tue Nov 16 00:06:30 PST 2010

On Nov 15, 2010, at 5:19 PM, Arlo Bensinger wrote:

> [Marsha]
> Well, unless dmb starts explaining his interpretations, the press release hasn't changed my mind.
>
> [Arlo]
> Since Pirsig seems able to understand from DMB's writing that DMB has a deep and firm grasp of his ideas, do you think maybe the problem is on your end? I mean, when Pirsig points out that DMB is one of the foremost philosophers of the MOQ, and YOU think his understanding of it is shallow, wouldn't this lead a normal person to think that maybe its in them that the problem lies?
>
> I am not about to pulled deeper into your carnival mirror, Marsha, its evident that you have unrelenting hostility towards DMB, and that no matter what explanations or evidence he offers, you dismiss it before it even appears. I have seen him try repeatedly, in lengthy posts, to explain things to you and you simply pretend like it never happens. This is a psychological issue, not an intellectual one.

Arlo,

Did RMP say that dmb is the only "philosopher" that understands the MoQ?  And in general, is dmb any more a "philosopher" than you, or Mark, or Dan, or John, or Ron?  If RMP said dmb has a firm grip of his ideas, does that mean absolutely every aspects?  Does that mean that no one but dmb has a firm grip on his ideas?

Dmb's post, to my mind, lack cohesive explanation and easily lead to wrong assumptions.  He could easily correct this by making clear his point and explain how his quotes prove that point.

What is a psychological issue within the MoQ?  Please explain that to me?  How do you know?  What is your evidence?  How can you be sure?  May there possibly be another explanation?

I have not dismissed dmb's last post on relativism, but I responded.  I am now awaiting his response.

Marsha

___