[MD] Rorty and Mysticism

Ian Glendinning ian.glendinning at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 00:37:15 PST 2010

It seems telling to me Matt that Rorty uses the phrase "mystical
experience" as opposed to "mysticism" ... being the creative process.

I think your problem (Dave's problem with Rorty) is not so much
difficulty with mysticism-as-(radical)-experience, but
"radical-experience-as-poetry"

Sounds good to me. Any language used expresses the experience without
need of any kind of objectification.

Ian